FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visiting Buenos Aires, Argentina -- Any advice
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:55 am
HIDDY
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IrishBoy
Hello,
I'm thinking of staying here (Sheraton Libertador) at the end of December with my 2 teenage sons (17,19). This will be our first time to visit Argentina and would really value some tips (Travelling on some non-rev tickets, don't mind the journey from San Francisco).
How is the neighborhood where this hotel is located? Should I be unduly concerned about safety? We will be in BA for 72 hours. Are there any tours (English) via bus worth taking?

Any tips on visiting Argentina are most appreciated. We are all street savvy, sons (6'6 and 6'4 respectively) have visited Australia, NZ, UK and China this year alone, I figured I should go along on this one ...

Thank you,
IrishBoy
Menlo Park, CA
With your travel experience you'll be fine. The hotel concierge will have up to date information about which English speaking city tours are available to you with a hotel pick up. I always think it's a good idea to take such a tour soon as you arrive so you can revisit any area that takes your fancy. My Argentine wife always insists on only flagging down 'Radio Taxis' on the street as she says they are regulated better however I'm not so sure it makes much difference.
Safety wise...only problem I have ever encountered was on the subway when an incompetent pick pocket tried to dip into my cargo trouser pocket. Apart from that I've never felt unsafe in BA. I personally avoid the city in summer as it's too flippin' hot.

Enjoy your visit. ^