FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TATL Basic Economy (renamed Dec 2018); all BE to earn 50% PQMs, earn 100% PQDs
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by a9504477
Do UA BE flights count towards the 4 UA flights necessary for status qualification?
Yes, per the BE TATL FAQ:

Q: Are my Basic Economy ticket purchases eligible for Premier qualifying dollars and other accruals toward Premier status?

A:
Yes, MileagePlus members will earn Premier qualifying dollars, Premier qualifying miles, Premier qualifying segments as well as lifetime miles and accrue toward the four-segment minimum — but note that the accruals will be lower than for other tickets. MileagePlus members will also earn award miles based on the fare and their MileagePlus status. See the Earning Miles on United Flights page for more details.
My guess, and other members in the FT community can chime in here, is that the UA will consider each BE segment as a segment for the purpose of the 4 segment minimum and BIS will accrue at 100% similar to how it currently is (i.e. class of service doesn't impact BIS accrual nor # of segments towards 4 segment minimum).

-James