FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long-Haul Basic Economy ticket
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:03 pm
dddc

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by TribalistMeathead
But that page also says WT includes "kids' activity packs," which the booking page ALSO implies is not included in the Basic Economy fare if you perform a search that includes an infant/toddler/child fare. Not that it matters for us - our little one will be 10 months old when we travel and probably not interested in crayons.

The second page you provided is much clearer, thank you.
I really think the marketing team don't have any children, or any clue, of what they are trying to convey half the time. Lots of flowery words while missing the point. The product should be called "No checked luggage (unless the cabin is full and we deem it ok to lob your bag downstairs for our convenience, not yours) and no seat choice fare". I won't add the cancellation and changes options to the title as that will make it just too long a mouthful........ I should really be in marketing

I've seen on Swiss where their Economy Lite fare doesn't include food on flights from London to Geneva. The crew have a printout and know who's on what fare. I had a "classic" fare and was presented with a box that had a water bottle and a bread roll with jam. Those on the Lite fare got a cup of water and we all got a branded Swiss chocolate. The crew got some grief from a DYKWIA in the opposite row from me when they passed them by. She was put in her place with "Madame, you are on the Economy Lite fare, out cheapest ticket, it doesn't include a snack". For the 50p our snack cost, I'm sure that outweighed the effort and time in preparing the passenger manifest with ticket details etc.