FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:17 am
matravelguy

Originally Posted by chad75

Have you had any luck with the follow up? I’m in a similar scenario with a stay at a St Regis during the system change 3 night post and 3 pre. I got one folio posted so am missing the first three nights and like you got no room points just points on some incidental spend. Have got absolutely no where - latest I got was that the folio and points have posted and they are pleased to have been of assistance. But this was the original incorrect one and nothing changed. So basically six night at a St Regis has earned me 3 nights and 550 (3 drinks at the bar) base points and delayed me earning my 75 nights
No luck at all. I emailed research@starwoodhotels on December 6 and got an automatic reply email saying that it can take "up to 10 business days for a response." Still haven't heard back, and it's now been something around 12-13 business days (depending on how you count Christmas Eve - I won't hold that against Marriott, but 10 business days expired on the 20th anyway). I'm not optimistic that I'll hear back within the next few months even, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised.

Originally Posted by mikeef
Lesson to hotels: You can cut back a benefit, save some cash and customers probably won't notice. Then, you can cut back another benefit, save some cash and consumers still may not notice. But there will be a tipping point at which you cut an amenity to save a few pennies and the customers say "enough is enough." Believe it or not, we do pay attention to the value that we receive.

Mike
Completely agree. Marriott may not notice or care but I shifted about $3k of business to Hyatt in December mostly because of this posting issue. I just wasn't willing to risk coming up a couple hundred bucks short of Ambassador status and not finding that out until the middle of January when it's too late to fix it, and since Marriott couldn't get its act together to respond to my missing points request in three weeks and counting, I decided to play it safe and go elsewhere.