FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas program worth it for Canadian resident?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:19 am
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fallabarie
I will be flying roundtrip to Australia with Air Canada (Montreal-San Francisco) and Qantas (San Francisco-Melbourne), and I have two questions:

1. Is it worth registering in the Qantas frequent flyer program considering the steep registration fee and considering that I do not travel very often in the Pacific area?

2. If I take internal flights (probably 5 flights) in Australia, does it make the Qantas FF program more interesting? Not sure yet I will fly with Qantas for the internal flights as their prices seem higher than those of Tiger Air or Jetstar -- traveler on a budget here :-)

Happy to hear your thoughts.
No. It makes no logical sense to join the (poor) QF ffp. Better to join Alaska AS or AA. QF is a freq flyer partner of AS, AA & others. https://www.wheretocredit.com/qf. QF points expire if no eligible activity in 18 months, awards cost a lot of QF points and often have cash surcharges.

With TT & JQ check carefully what is included in the headline fare. Particularly carry on & checked baggage. All Australian airlines have been strictly enforcing the carry-on weight & size conditions of tickets in the last month or so. The other Au full service domestic airline is Virgin Australia, as ff partner of DL.

Airlines that fly in Australia domestically. Excludes some small operators

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Dec 24, 2018 at 1:21 pm