FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Checkin on UA ticket but first flight not UA operated? Who/Where/BPs/Bags? {Archive}
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:38 am
JVPhoto

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Is it me or AC (trying to charge for bags)?

Searched the forums didn’t find anything and posting here given I’m a UA flyer/ticket.

Anyways I flew SFO-YVR-YKA-YVR-SFO.
Originally SFO-YVR-YKA was same day but I changed to overnight in YVR (good thing as my originally SFO flight would have blown my connection).
The agent tried to charge me when I rechecked the bag in YVR but I said I’m *G (it was on my BP already) and about 30 sec later it wasn’t an issue.
I went to OLCI last night for my YKA-YVR-SFO and when I selected one bag it wanted to charge me $40 CAD so I just left it at 0. Agent today said there would be a charge for the bag and I said “why’s that? I’m Gold and my main leg is a business class flight”...”oh! Business...” meanwhile he already had my info on the screen and my *G was of course on my BP.

I have 1 more, possibly 2 trips to Canada this year which may have intra-CA flights. I’m worried about a ski bag on one if they’re trying to already bilk me out of $ as it is.

Feel free to move to AC forum but I felt other UA fliers here may have better insight than their own elites.
Just saw a thread bump for this in a general code share check in thread.
Basically answers all of this. Can delete or merge this mods.

Thank you / Merci

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 23, 2018 at 1:06 pm Reason: merged update / consecutive posts by same member; moved to exisiting thread