FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline Service Cutbacks -Basic Econ etc. should be illegal
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:26 pm
ibrandsguest

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by danielonn
I think there needs to be a law stating that all Economy products should be 34-36 inches with 18" width. The Basic Economy, less legroom and charge for checked bags should be illegal. First of all its a waste of time for flight attendants to shuffle luggage that people have brought on especially on the Embraer Jets.

This Basic Economy, small legroom , pay to access overhead space should be deemed illegal in the court of law. Also the first bag should be free and then the airline could charge $100 for the 2nd Bag or fly First Class.

Also bring back complimentary meals and drinks. Its enough nickle and diming customers. These Low Cost Carriers not offering complimentary beverages should be illegal.

Water is a basic need not a right that you have to pay for. If you want to fly then airlines should rework their financial structure. Airlines are penalizing customers by having all these add ons.

I want to purchase one ticket and have everything included and not be bombarded with sales pitches, upgrade this and that. I hate this ala carte pricing. When I book a trip I save up for the flight, hotel and other expenses. No one said that everyone is owed a job that pays well for flights. I am sorry to say that because of this nickel and diming some passengers are entitled and cause issues when something goes wrong.

Flying is a privilege and not a right. It should be either you have been responsible and saved up for your trip or not

Why should many others suffer the cramped legoom in Coach I can see Premium Economy at 38" and yes will pay for that but the standard Economy should be between 34- 36" legroom at seats at 18" with all meals and drinks alcoholic or not included.

Airlines like Southwest can offer low cost flights but the legacy carriers should be more standardized. This Basic Economy structure is so frustrating and I will not fall for this crap.

Lets make flying great again back to the 70s 80s.
No no no no no.

People should not use government to force their personal preferences on others. The free market should have first dibs at fixing any situation.

If Basic Economy is a “waste” as you state, then airlines will modify it.

What should be done is to truly have a free market in aviation, by having stronger antitrust laws and enforcement. Having more competition in the aviation industry would result in lots of customer benefits.