FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:23 pm
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Plumber
Well one solution is for AC not to sell 3 seats (or pick a number) in the J Cabin per flight and leave them empty in the eventuality that there will be some deflation issues. But that would cost AC alot more than the $1000 TPAC (or less TATL and even less Trans-continental) that they give out as compensation.

I as we have said here many times, the guess is that the vast majority of deflated seat issues go unreported and most people dont even know the seat is not supposed to feel like that.

It sure would be nice to hear which FINs have already been fixed with new seats/bladders, if any so far!
Or how about AC could actually fix the issue That would appear to be the best solution. And yes I’ve heard and read they are fixing it but it’s taking far far too long. It has already taken far too long.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
If I have another deflation issue I'm not accepting anything less than a full refund of that fare.
This and others above. AC offering even $1k/$1.5k for a $3k seat is unacceptable. The seat is the price, the meal and all is not worth $3-5k without the real estate of a seat that doesn’t resemble a morgue slab.