FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:37 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Thumbs up Merry Christmas and a well traveled 2019

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
hopefully most former regulars who have long been inactive are doing well
anyone changing which luxury travel options they choose?
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
IAnd I don't want to overspend, value still has a meaning to me.
Originally Posted by gegarrenton
I agree, certainly hope everyone is doing well. I was more thinking just about the forum participation, I don't really know if everyone is traveling less, I would hope not.
Many regulars may be rather lurkers now, perhaps FT is too much politically correct.
Travel patterns change and luxury comes in many colors and shades. Money has been too easy (especially in the US) these last years, but this is now definitely over and yes, value will be important again. One pays for an experience, not just a room at a hotel. This said it is a good thing that the forum has been renamed "luxury hotels and travel"

Important for my travels:
- time, no tight connections, no running around
- never fly economy class
- high quality food and beverage (on this I overspend)
- no overcrowding

Just gave up my LHW Leaders Club membership. Pointless while staying at a real luxury bed and breakfast or family run restaurant with rooms with no children running around and events going on. My last experience at a LHW was the middle eastern clientele at a 5 star hotel in Switzerland leaving their room doors open all the time with guards standing in front of the woman's rooms and then that smell.......