FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nickel and Dimed by SAS Airlines
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:21 am
jayxxl

Programs: SU, TK, LA
Originally Posted by Jainzar
NZ and LH paved the way. Same for BA in OW. I don't have business with Skyteam, but basically if the other 2 alliances allow it, they could allow it too. No pressure from the market anymore regarding this benefit.
Skyteam is good. Especially Aeroflot. One of the most underrated airlines.

Originally Posted by Jainzar
And about the chargeback... that is just ridiculous. You booked a flight without checked luggage and that's exactly what you got.
No, it isn't. Star Alliance rules are part of my contractual agreement if I buy a ticket. For now I have not managed even to get in touch with SAS Airlines. They don't have an email (the one they have sends back automated replies), they don't have a facebook chat...

Trust me, I may not be able to get in touch with SAS customers service. But my US Credit Card issuer (I am a 15 years customer) is EXTRAORDINARY good in getting in contact with people who charged me. :-) Did wonders once with Wizz Air. :-)

I have another flight lined up with Eurowings. They make it very clear that, while being part of Lufthansa, they are not a part of Star Alliance or something. Thats fine, as long as such things are agreed upon before purchase of a ticket.

Last edited by jayxxl; Dec 21, 2018 at 11:34 am