FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:23 am
ps9a

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by cycyc
Anybody know if flying in on EK 660 (arriving at 15:30) is cutting it too close to make the last seaplane transfer?
Depends on your risk tolerance-- I'm on 660 in a couple of months. I prefer 652 (arriving at 14:55), but it had only J award seats vs F on 660. If you're close to on-time, you should be fine. Otherwise, you're spending the night in Male... if that's a deal-breaker, I'd choose an earlier flight. For me, both 652 and 660 are very pleasant flights, as you don't need to leave Dubai in the middle of the night. I also really enjoy showing up to a resort in the Maldives and knowing my room will be ready.

Originally Posted by cycyc
It's somewhat ambiguous whether a flight that is scheduled to arrive at 15:30 but is, for instance, delayed a bit will end up missing the cutoff (EK 660 in particular seems to regularly get delayed up to 30 minutes). I e-mailed them just now to clarify but they are typically rather slow to reply to e-mails.
They're not going to give you a firm cutoff as to whether 15, 30, 45 minutes late will still get you on a seaplane, unfortunately. It's all managed by the seaplane company, and it's somewhat dependent on how many people on your flight and flights landing at similar times are headed out on seaplanes that day. It doesn't help the seaplane company to shift tons of passengers into the following day's schedule, so you've got that going for you.