FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 2018 year in review
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:52 pm
potus18

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by fanger
A pattern emerges, though there is one outlier already.

gary_nj, C17PSGR, potus18 and nrr posted a Top % figure but not their # times around the world.

Nov11 posted # times around the world but not Top % - maybe didn't get that info?

I think the # times around the world is roughly corresponding to BIS. They indicate in the email that flight miles include partner flights. We already know the correspondence between BIS and EQM is going to be fairly variable based on premium travel.

Based on what's been posted by about 845pm PST, the top 10% is in the range of 5-5.5x around the world, say 125,000 miles BIS. If I'm Top25% at 3x around the world, and razzaba is 1% at 8.5x around the world, you can already see what the distribution looks like.

As I posted earlier the clear implication is that within this Tier at least, a majority of members have BIS < EQM by 33-100%. This is likely to be true in the Plat Pro and Plat levels as well-- not sure about Gold. But probably, given the conversion to dual EQD/EQM requirements.

The outlier is bpauker, who posted 4x around the world but top 3% in miles flown.
Sounds right — my top percantage was 18 with 4.5 trips around the world. I had a couple SFO-LHR trips on BA in there and assume they’re not being counted, but shouldn’t make much of a difference.