FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OMNI NYC apartment search clinic
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:03 pm
krazykanuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
OMNI NYC apartment search clinic

I know we have lots of NYC residents on here, so hoping you can give me some suggestions here. I've received a job offer that would have me moving to the city, and assuming we cross the last couple of T's I'll be accepting it and starting late January. The office is in Midtown East so I'm trying to figure out the best place to live. I'm most familiar with the east side, Midtown up to Yorkville basically. I don't know much about and have never stayed on the West side. Budget would probably be ~$2k/mo and coming from Houston, if I could squeeze a few extra sq ft out of the apt choice, I'd appreciate it. I'd really rather to have my own place and not deal with roommates or anything.

I've fiddled around with padmapper.com a bit to look at places and it seems that in my budget, that could get me a decent sized (relatively) 1/1 up near East Harlem, while closer to the office would be more of a studio/1 situation. What are some good resources for NYC apt hunting? I'd be making a trip up there in early January to scope out a place in person.