FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Khachapuri and Kebabs: A Summer Adventure in Georgia and Turkey
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:11 pm
Romanianflyer

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by FinalCallDXB
I do an annual trip with a couple of old friends from University to somewhere our better halves don't fancy going. Unfortunately, my suggestion of Georgia lost out for this year's trip. I'm planning on using this excellent report as a marketing tool to promote it as a future destination. Although based on your last report, perhaps Stuttgart might be another option!

Latest in a series of really interesting reports from you. Really appreciate you taking the time.
I think both are great destination for a trip with old friends! The beer fest in Stuttgart fits the bill perfectly - when I did it the first time with my old mates we liked it so much that we since returned almost every year after.

Georgia also has so much to offer, even more than this trip report will cover. I absolutely loved Batumi and it would be a great destination in summer whether on a family holiday or going there with some mates for some sun, beer, partying, sightseeing. Tbilisi as well is a great, lively city with enough sights and fun to keep one occupied - and it has the additional benefit of having more day trip options, eg. when preferring history there is the Stalin museum at Gori (which can be combined easily with the nearby Uplistsikhe cave dwellings and Mtskheta), mountains and hiking (Stepantsminda/Kazbegi), skiing if going in winter (Gudauri is great) or wine boozing (which can ofc be done in Tbilisi, but also on an excursion to the main wine region around Sighnaghi). I think the country has at for sure something for everyone no matter what kind of traveller they are and what they prefer to do on a trip abroad!