FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tmobile now has App That Will Provision New Prepaid Service with an ESIM
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:28 am
LordHamster

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
My suspicion is that within the next few weeks this will become easier - but, everyone on Reddit wants to be bleeding edge and can't wait.
While there may be impatient people... this unnecessary kerfuffle has been caused by phenomenally poor communications from T-Mobile on this topic. Including a tweet from John Legere suggesting people just use the "Digits" feature instead.

Originally Posted by tai4de2
I did not find the hack instructions on reddit to move a postpaid T-Mo line to eSIM to be painful at all.

Quick chat with customer service, an email, and typing a couple of strings into a form... done.

I am using two T-Mo lines in my phone now, and will try T-Mo plus Thai SIM (for data) next week.
I say it is painful not due to the complexity. There are 25+ reports I've seen in those reddit threads of T-Mo reps refusing do do the "sim swap" because they've been told they don't support esim. The fact that you have to call up and use a word-smithed script off reddit to accomplish this should be an embarrassment enough. I had issues getting this done myself, but as a loyal United flyer, I'm used to HUCA.