FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMS - Transit Security?
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:06 pm
atflyer

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by tonyrocks922
I will be transiting in AMS from an intra-European flight to a flight from AMS-JFK that's the exact minimum connection time (50 min when connecting to the USA). Will I need to go through security or only the exit border control? If so any liquids restrictions I should be aware of? Since I have a tight connection I am hoping to buy everything I need for the long haul at the origin.
Border control only. They have fast lanes for short connections when things are busy. And I assume this is a ticket on one PNR, so in that case the airline should protect you if something goes wrong (late arrival of the intra-EU flight, etc.). But of course don't linger in the shopping area with such a short connection. Bottom line is that the airline (I assume KL or a partner) sold you the ticket with this short connection which implies they find it doable. If you are on different PNRs for the 2 flights though (separate tickets), different story (50 min is really vulnerable, and impossible if you have checked luggage that you have to re-check).