FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC vs NZ to Australia; AC 787 non-stop vs Air NZ 777 via AKL?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:43 pm
tobegold

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Will you be able to get advance seating without paying on AC?
yes, I get advanced seating without paying on AC, but if I want preferred seats/exit row will have to pay extra as I am TK Elite Plus (*G) and no free access to these for me. I don't know if NZ gives *G any free access to preferred seats. Does NZ allow advanced seat selection to get exit rows (don't mind paying extra).

I don't mind the extra travel time by connecting through AKL, it is the comfort that is my main concern since I am 6'5" and my long legs need room.

Looking at open jaw in /out SYD/MEL though with NZ could do Adelaide instead of either of those. Flexible on in/out cities as still in planning stages, flights are bookable on Airmiles website. One aberration noticed is that we can get seats to oz for the 11,500 airmiles, but if we try just going to NZ or open-jaw with NZ the cost is 20-22,000 each, even if the YVR -AKL nonstop is used, the same non-stop when continuing on to oz drops to 11,500 as long as we fly in/out of oz. Its like, "Hey fly us to Oz, but don't stay in NZ".