FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time SQ flyer- which mileage program to claim credit on?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:11 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stitch626
I'm very excited to be flying on SQ next year in Business. We're flying LAX-NRT-SIN-DEL-SIN-LAX.

I am trying to figure out which frequent flyer program would be the best to claim points for this trip with. My typical flights/focus is with Delta and their partners, except for this trip trying to fly with SkyTeam there just were not any good routing options to complete the trip with the stop overs we wanted.

I'm not sure if I'll fly Singapore again any time soon.. So I've been trying to figure out if collecting them under another airline would be better. I've considered United and Virgin Atlantic.. does anyone have any suggestions? My face class is "U" should that make much of a difference.
Is LAX-NRT on SQ or UA(Codeshare). Have not checked, but I expect SQ do not fly LAX-NRT

With Star the operating carrier determines earning. Booking codes do not always map 1 to 1. SQ marketed U could map to ?? UA operated
https://www.wheretocredit.com/singapore-airlines/u

The airline you fly most or an airline of the country you live is the best ffp for many people. Generally you are better earning on your primary airline due to greater recognition, better service when disruptions, better seating (with some ffp’s) ability to upgrade flights, possible operational upgrades and simpler to earn non flying ff miles/points. Status benefits are often better on the home airline.

I would go with UA.
The grass in not always greener on the other side

General:- Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!

Star Alliance:- Need advice on which Star Alliance FF scheme to join? - please post here

Be mindful of expiry Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire. Click to open the wiki.
SQ have hard expiry. UA does not