FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:47 am
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Happy
That is because your rep BACKDATED your cert. My pre-merger OC6 was attached to a hotel reservation just 2 weeks before new charts were announced. Then the hotel went down one category when Marriott announced the new charts to become effective in August. I detached it, again pre-merger.

The rep took the trouble to Cancel the reissued, with extension of one year New Cert. then reissued another cert Backdated to the original date! I would not have known it had I not received the email with the cert number that was totally different from what was in effect.

That guy's action has created a ton of subsequent confusions when I converted the OC6 to NC4 (the one with an extra 30K in it, different code from the regular NC4).

I reported my experience before Aug 18 merger.

Your case is the 2nd DP we saw the cert can be backdated when a rep took it upon himself / herself, to enforce the no extension rule. System continues to allow new date generated. It is upon the rep on let it be or backdate it.
Interesting. I'm not _too_ worried about it because I'm pretty certain I want to use it on these dates, but the second cert I have, I'd much prefer to upgrade it and extend it by a year - in a few months from now, not sure whether it will still be possible or not.

Anyone upgrade a 5-night cert btw?