FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:54 pm
carlitos

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Ok, I called Sunday and Monday morning to the US line in SLC. They said system for Marriott Rewards was down, so nothing they could do.
Called Monday afternoon and no luck, agent said TP can not be upgraded from OC8 to NC6.
Called again on Monday evening to Spanish line, and they said I was out of luck, because if I wanted a new TP, I would have to pay over 400K and I would only be refunded 135,000 (they knew nothing, of course).
Decided to give it a shot Monday night, a couple minutes ago.Told really nice agent I had a TP and a reservation at Marriott Wailea Beach Maui for the end of the year. My TP was OC8 and wanted to attach it to that specific Cat 6 hotel, and that I had the 7 night reservation that is to start in less than 10 days.
She told me to hold, as she new NOTHING about TP exchange. She went to talk to manager (on hold for 10 minutes) who said was working on another system to convert it. She returns and tells me the Certificate was updated, attached and that I owe nothing (not even the 30,000 extra points), which it is still strange.
Logged in and reservation changed from 300,000 points to 165,000 plus resort fees and says rewards certificates will be sent to the hotel. It also says that the reservation has e certificates.
So will call hotel tomorrow to check that everything is OK.