FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:07 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Cancelled an OC5 today that was attached to a reservation and the expiration date did NOT reset - it was the original one of Aug 1.

Applied to a NC4 and no fuss, took a few minutes.

Wonder if I can upgrade my other one ... but I don’t even really have anywhere I want to use it yet.

That is because your rep BACKDATED your cert. My pre-merger OC6 was attached to a hotel reservation just 2 weeks before new charts were announced. Then the hotel went down one category when Marriott announced the new charts to become effective in August. I detached it, again pre-merger.

The rep took the trouble to Cancel the reissued, with extension of one year New Cert. then reissued another cert Backdated to the original date! I would not have known it had I not received the email with the cert number that was totally different from what was in effect.

That guy's action has created a ton of subsequent confusions when I converted the OC6 to NC4 (the one with an extra 30K in it, different code from the regular NC4).

I reported my experience before Aug 18 merger.

Your case is the 2nd DP we saw the cert can be backdated when a rep took it upon himself / herself, to enforce the no extension rule. System continues to allow new date generated. It is upon the rep on let it be or backdate it.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 17, 2018 at 5:06 pm