FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2 years later: Polaris Hype vs. Actual - Is it worth it?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:41 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by LordHamster
Hard to tell, in two years of flying United Business/First products since the rollout 1-2 times a month at least... I've only sat in the new Polaris seating on ONE flight. I did really enjoy that flight and the seat.... I just wish I got to see it more often.

The lounges are great. I no longer HATE EWR, now I quite like my layovers there.
Same here. I fly both ways across the Atlantic 8-10 times a year, always in C, but only once so far in a genuine Polaris cabin. Following the received wisdom, I booked an odd-numbered seat in a 767 and wished I hadn't. Access into and out of the even-numbered seats is far easier. Haven't experienced pre-plated food yet, but not looking forward to that.

The ORD lounge is mostly overcrowded and you still can't see if the lavs are occupied or vacant without using a flashlight. I haven't found overcrowding in LAX and SFO — yet. And off course LHR remains excellent.

My impression at the time of the hype was that they were desperately trying to prevent their F and J pax from leaving, so promised what they couldn't actually deliver in the hope that people would be taken in. And they were.