FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:13 am
Soccerjoshj07

Originally Posted by liger
I just wanted to share my DP calling to the US line today.

I had an old NC8 package and I called the platinum line to try my luck after realizing the UK line was already closed for the day. The lady on the phone, after putting me on hold for 5 minutes, came back and offered me either a NC5 with 35K points back or a new NC6 with 30K additional points directly. She did claim this was a one-time offer.

I gladly accepted the NC6 upgrade and my account now showed "Partial Package - 7 nights category 6". I hope that is all I need to do.
Originally Posted by Happy
Key word in Red.
That's good. I didn't get that option but I had OC9 to NC6, but then again we aren't 100% on nc7's..

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
That is good news about the one-time upgrade.

I am looking at using an old 1-5 (new 1-4) and there are very few choices in Hawaii, none in Japan. If I bump it up with extra points that will give me some more choices.

Then looking at Bali I saw no availability for any month I checked. Is this a Marriott loading problem, or a situation where they just don't offer award rooms?
No availability for cash as well or just award?

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Cancelled an OC5 today that was attached to a reservation and the expiration date did NOT reset - it was the original one of Aug 1.

Applied to a NC4 and no fuss, took a few minutes.

Wonder if I can upgrade my other one ... but I don’t even really have anywhere I want to use it yet.
Must be ymmv. I did mine over the weekend and it was originally 4/1/19 and it was extended 1 year from issue (12/15/19)