FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What and how do you wear on an overnight flight?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:18 pm
navi_jen

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Gungadin, first off, I am so sorry about your loss.

2ndly, Are you connecting? I don't recall CVG having directs to Germany? Length of the flight dictates my decision. Anything under 8 hours (assuming I can get a shower soon after I deplane) is similar to the above. Super comfy layers and an non wire bra. Planes can get HOT and stuffy when the lights go down. I don't worry about slippers as they will be provided (and usually sleeping socks too)..wear your heaviest shoes. Bring an extra pair of socks if you must for plane only (I can never seem to find my slippers below my lieflat).

Other hints.

1. Noise cancelling headphones
2. Silicon earplugs
3. Benedryl or Ativan (safer than Ambien on a flight, IMHO, as they only have about a 4/6 hour half life with no wacky side effects)
4. Music device with your favorite relaxing music
5, My eyeshades (the airline ones are too small)
6. If your flight is less than 8 hours and an overnight, have a carb heavy dinner (with lots of water) before you board...so you can get to sleep right after takeoff

Once my tummy is full, I don 1-5 + mix in a 1/2 a flute of champaigne...and bye bye...