FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2018/2019 Edition
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:56 pm
BenA

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sung Sam

I can’t get over their croissants pairing with rice dish for breakfast meal. I know it’s optimized for scrambled egg or similarly western entree but wish they fixed this oversight. Kaiseki from NRT to SEA was good. Never tried Japanese for flights leaving the US. Gave up on their steak since it’s usually way overdone and flavorless. Did you try the braised beef? Was that any good?
Agree that a separate bunch of sides would be more appropriate for the savory prearrival meals; on this flight, I was trying to readjust to Japan time, and given that the flight arrives at 3pm I was looking for a lunch rather than a breakfast. It’s not a huge deal, but it is a little silly.

I did not try the western braised beef meal - both my wife and I preordered the Kaiseki meal. I can say the beef in the Japanese meal was excellent, though - braised is definitely the way to go for beef on airplanes, IMHO.