FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport / Lake Pointe Road
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:10 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport / Lake Pointe Road

Stay Report - 12/6 - 12/7

Location: Do note this hotel is not to be confused with the Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport / Tyvola Road. This one is located in an office park area just south of Billy Graham Parkway near where the old Charlotte Coliseum used to be. It shares a parking lot with a sports bar called Jock and Jills that has a lot of beer and good wings. A block away are a Stabucks and a Panera. CLT is about 10 minutes away and downtown Charlotte 15-20 depending on traffic.

Hotel: The hotel is an older building and was retrofitted to be a HP. The lobby has a bar and food area plus some seating and the breakfast area as well as a two computer business center. The parking lot is really large and I never had a long wait for an elevator.

Check In: I was asked if I needed my Discoverist late check out benefit and offered two bottles of water.

Room: Pretty standard HP room but nicely with the modern style shower I like. The only issue was the closet was absolutely tiny and hidden next to the bathroom sink. Thankfully there were outlets near the bed and the wifi worked quite well.

Breakfast: My status as a WoH member was verified before I was allowed access to the breakfast area, my first time seeing that since universal free breakfast went away. The spread was above average though: scrambled eggs, biscuits, bacon, steel cut oatmeal plus cereal, fruit and breads.

My rate was $100 and I'd gladly be back. It's close enough to Downtown Charlotte to work for my purposes.