Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport / Lake Pointe Road

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Stay Report - 12/6 - 12/7

Location: Do note this hotel is not to be confused with the Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport / Tyvola Road. This one is located in an office park area just south of Billy Graham Parkway near where the old Charlotte Coliseum used to be. It shares a parking lot with a sports bar called Jock and Jills that has a lot of beer and good wings. A block away are a Stabucks and a Panera. CLT is about 10 minutes away and downtown Charlotte 15-20 depending on traffic.

Hotel: The hotel is an older building and was retrofitted to be a HP. The lobby has a bar and food area plus some seating and the breakfast area as well as a two computer business center. The parking lot is really large and I never had a long wait for an elevator.

Check In: I was asked if I needed my Discoverist late check out benefit and offered two bottles of water.

Room: Pretty standard HP room but nicely with the modern style shower I like. The only issue was the closet was absolutely tiny and hidden next to the bathroom sink. Thankfully there were outlets near the bed and the wifi worked quite well.

Breakfast: My status as a WoH member was verified before I was allowed access to the breakfast area, my first time seeing that since universal free breakfast went away. The spread was above average though: scrambled eggs, biscuits, bacon, steel cut oatmeal plus cereal, fruit and breads.

My rate was $100 and I'd gladly be back. It's close enough to Downtown Charlotte to work for my purposes.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the review. This is the best of the CLT airport properties in my opinion. The Hyatt House is to be avoided at all costs.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CMK10
Stay Report - 12/6 - 12/7

Location: Do note this hotel is not to be confused with the Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport / Tyvola Road. This one is located in an office park area just south of Billy Graham Parkway near where the old Charlotte Coliseum used to be. It shares a parking lot with a sports bar called Jock and Jills that has a lot of beer and good wings. A block away are a Stabucks and a Panera. CLT is about 10 minutes away and downtown Charlotte 15-20 depending on traffic.

Hotel: The hotel is an older building and was retrofitted to be a HP. The lobby has a bar and food area plus some seating and the breakfast area as well as a two computer business center. The parking lot is really large and I never had a long wait for an elevator.

Check In: I was asked if I needed my Discoverist late check out benefit and offered two bottles of water.

Room: Pretty standard HP room but nicely with the modern style shower I like. The only issue was the closet was absolutely tiny and hidden next to the bathroom sink. Thankfully there were outlets near the bed and the wifi worked quite well.

Breakfast: My status as a WoH member was verified before I was allowed access to the breakfast area, my first time seeing that since universal free breakfast went away. The spread was above average though: scrambled eggs, biscuits, bacon, steel cut oatmeal plus cereal, fruit and breads.

My rate was $100 and I'd gladly be back. It's close enough to Downtown Charlotte to work for my purposes.
Room looks almost exactly like the one I went to in New Jersey.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dpb132
Thanks for the review. This is the best of the CLT airport properties in my opinion. The Hyatt House is to be avoided at all costs.
Indeed, while the HH physical property isn't bad, it's located in a scuzzier part of town and service over there is pretty poor

Originally Posted by Aventine
Room looks almost exactly like the one I went to in New Jersey.
Hyatt Places are very consistent. It's one of the selling points of the brand
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Indeed, while the HH physical property isn't bad, it's located in a scuzzier part of town and service over there is pretty poor
To be clear its the Hyatt House on S Tryon (often referred to as the Hyatt House Charlotte Airport) that is awful. The Hyatt House downtown (aka uptown) on Trade street adjacent to the arena is (IMO) very good.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 6:19 am
Original Poster

I stayed here again 5/28 to 5/29. Hotel is in the same state it was in my 2018 pictures but I didn't see any noticeable decline in quality in the rooms or the common areas like I have at many other HPs (including the Tyvola CLT Airport HP). Breakfast is limited to grab and go items still but they do have breakfast sandwiches you can microwave. Staff were very friendly and helpful and offered to let me trade my welcome water for soda or Gatorade. Little things like that count.
pWei and HPN-HRL like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.