FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:28 pm
greenpau

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by n198ua
I was flying exSFO on a full 737 and sitting in 1B. One of the last to board was a woman who loudly was complaining to the flight attendants that she was 1K and paid $3000 for the ticket and had to sit in economy. She repeated this several times and how she couldn’t believe she had to sit in the back. It was all I could do to refrain from telling her I was a lowly 2P flying on a K-fare and had paid around $200 TOD at check in to fly in F ^ She was really perturbed when she had to gate check her bag b/c all the bins were full.
To be slightly fair to s/he, I’ve been pretty miffed booking a super last minute (same day departure) transcon fare for $2,200 with no remaining F for sale, and getting a middle seat in regular Y (not even E+) ... only to learn that the intern on my team on same flight paid $149 for a TOD at T-24 to upgrade himself. Agreed, though, the difference is I don’t complain to everyone about it