FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelling an award ticket for non-MVP booked using MVPG's miles, any fees?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:22 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by rustykettel
And backing it up from AS:

Not so fast. There seems to have been a wording change. Discussed in this thread Policy Question - Change Fee. There is now some ambiguity about whether the Gold must also be travelling on the same award reservation to have the fees waived for non-Gold passengers.

The wording changed recently. It now says:

“As an MVP™ Gold, my change fees are waived. What about for my family?
While anyone traveling with you in the same reservation will have their luggage fees waived, the change fee will apply to all passengers other than the MVP Gold. The exception is if your fellow passengers are booked on an award ticket using your miles; in that case, change fees are waived.”

It used to just say that “passengers” booked using miles from a Gold account were exempt from change fees. Now, it says “fellow passengers”. If you look at the part I bolded above, it now makes it seem like only passengers are who booked on the same reservation as the Gold (“your fellow passengers”) using Gold miles are exempt from change fees.

It isn’t entirely clear but methinks this will be the new rule going forward. No change fees only for pax booked on the same reservation as the Gold.