FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:34 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by chongcao
Not to dispute, but basically IHG has two choices: cancel the entire RA programme or restrict the usages of unlimited mini-bar. I am just glad that they choose the later.
I'm simply baffled why you believe this to be the case. How does the requirement to make a choice between two such weirdly unrelated options arise?

If the IHG team were to ask themselves what do about mini-bars, there'd be many options, one of which would be to maintain the current structure and service. If they opted for change, they'd then face the ancillary problem of how to adjust the RA programme to take account the changes.

Originally Posted by chongcao
Then to dispute your comment, USD$50 credit is equal to THREE miniatures or TWO miniatures + FEW non-alcoholic drinks in most IC hotels. Would you agree that is plenty intake of drinks to most of the average people considering more UNLIMITED drinks can be had during happy hours in Club Lounge? If that is case, why RAs would get upset because they can not drink like a fish anymore?
Dispute as much as you wish, but the RA's responding to this silliness clearly are pissed off. It's got little to do with how much use we make of the facility. It's a reduction in the scale and scope of benefits enjoyed under the programme. Simple as that. It might not have much impact on you, but If you roll over for such whittling down of the programme's value then you invite further cuts.

I'd be royally annoyed if they stopped the free weekend night benefit, even though I haven't used it for years. In much the same way I'd be pissed off if any rights or privileges, used or unused, in other walks of life were withdrawn.

I've never knowingly used a right of way in my life, but tell me I no longer have access as a right and I'll be joining the protest marches