Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerTalker688786
Ambassador programme will change on 1st February 2019. This will start with Royal Ambassador's benefits. Then, all other Ambassador will have new benefits from 1st March 2019.

For Royal Ambassadors, the new benefits starts from 1st FEB 2019 will be:
  1. EARLY CHECK-IN from 10AM (instead of 8AM)
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY [CONFIRMED AS IN GREATER CHINA REGION ONLY, On 1st March, it seems IHG quietly made a U-turn again, now this benefit only APPLIES TO IC HOTELS IN MAINLAND CHINA ONLY, Hong Kong IC hotels are excluded on the last minute U-turn.]
  3. UP TO TWO COMPLIMENTARY FULL BREAKFASTS PER DAY IF THERE IS NO CLUB LOUNGE
  4. UPTO 50USD/200RMB/400HKD MINIBAR CREDIT PER DAY (200USD/800RMB/1600HKD PER STAY MAX)
  5. WAIVED DESTINATION/AMENITY FEES
  6. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  7. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE (See below)
  8. [Officially Added Benefits] FREE NIGHTS AT AN IHG PROPERTY (capped at 70K points value)
  9. [Officially Added Benefits] HERTZ GOLD PLUS REWARDS PRESIDENTS' CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP

For all other Ambassadors, the new benefit starts on 1st MARCH 2019:
  1. GUARANTEED PLATINUM ELITE STATUS IN IHG REWARDS CLUB
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  3. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  4. WELCOME FRUIT PLATTER (instead of welcome fruits and gifts) <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  5. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR STAYS IN GREATER CHINA ONLY:
• One complimentary breakfast every night you stay
• 15% discount on restaurants and bars

AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GURANTEE work as bellow:
  1. Guaranteed Room Upgrade: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  2. 16:00 (4p.m.) Late Check-out: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  3. New Club InterContinental Lounge Access or alternative Club experience: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit of USD100 per night, not exceeding the Club InterContinental upgrade supplement value, applies to Royal Ambassador only.
Print Wikipost

Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)

Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:25 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks the language that excluded A/RA benefits on award stays has been removed from the T&C. I am correct? PLEASE tell me it's true!
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:34 am

Confirmed by the IC I'm staying just now... I don't stay on reward night. But I inquired about this. I'm RA.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks the language that excluded A/RA benefits on award stays has been removed from the T&C. I am correct? PLEASE tell me it's true!
I've never been denied Ambassador benefits on an IC award stay but this is big news for those in less generous / more strict markets 👍
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:43 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by nrgetik
confirmed by the ic i'm staying just now... I don't stay on reward night. But i inquired about this. I'm ra.
Happy Dance!!!
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sounds good, but forgive me to stay on the fence until we have some more reports from FTers on reward stays at known "by the rules" IC properties. A welcome change it would be for sure.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:22 am

Has anyone collected Experiences with the 100 ,- USD Restaurant Credit for Royal Ambassador since 1st of March? And also with the Restaurant Breakfast. I heard same ICs just allowed 20 USD Credit if they run a "a la card" Breakfast instead of Buffet.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by BKKA380
Has anyone collected Experiences with the 100 ,- USD Restaurant Credit for Royal Ambassador since 1st of March? And also with the Restaurant Breakfast. I heard same ICs just allowed 20 USD Credit if they run a "a la card" Breakfast instead of Buffet.
Don't have experience with the 100 USD credit. It is just for the case of not granted club access if they have one? Seems like this is not happening.

But the free breakfast I got without any issues. I.e. ic Amsterdam granted this on award stay. Ymmv
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by BKKA380
You get 100 USD credit if they do not grant club access (where available). I assume this simply does not happen. If they do not have a club, they do not need to pay 100 USD but just need to take care of breakfast which I under the relevant circumstances received (eg. at Amsterdam or Estoril)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.