FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Central Park - Australia [Master Thread]
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:09 am
nldogbert

Nice modern hotel with fairly good location

Location This hotel is not located like most expectation around the harbour/Opera House area. It is located closer to the Central Station which is about 2 stops away from the harbour area. It is in the Chippendale district which seems to be an up and coming area with lots of F&B around and some universities. It could be used as the base to explore the city if you are OK with taking some additional time down to the harbour area or the tourist attractions. Check In I arrived late evening, and therefore it was a rather fast process to get me checked in by the friendly front desk associate. I was recognized as an Elite member and was given a quick run down of my benefits. Was informed that I was upgraded to a suite room due to my status which was very welcomed. All in all, I was on my way to my room within 5 mins of being helped. Room I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite room. For a suite, it was on a smaller side (I am not which type of suite it was - as I understand that they do have different types). The suite consisted of a hallway passing the 1 bedroom and bathroom leading to the main living area which had a 2 person sofa and a working table and TV. There is coffee/tea making facilities and as in most Australian hotels/motels also a bread toaster. The mini fridge was empty. Two bottle of waters were provided too. Not sure if common to all rooms, but there was a Nespresso coffee making machine available in the room.The 1 bedroom area was ok in size, just enough for a large King size bed and a wardrobe and 2 side tables and another TV.The bathroom size was more than sufficient for 2 people to fit without bumping into each other. There was a walk in shower area and the sink area was ok - though slightly on the smaller side (if you need to place toiletries). Water pressure was good and good temperature control.Internet speed was good -stable and fast enough for normal web browsing. Breakfast The breakfast area is large with sufficient sitting. The main view is towards the main street. Breakfast spread was mainly Western with some Asian options (like rice congee, fried rice, etc). There was about 4-5 different hot dishes. It is also possible for customer to order eggs. For those that wants barista type coffee (with additional payment), this was an option besides the normal coffee machine type options.Service in general was ok - servers seems to be clearing tables and plates on a regular basis and making sure the area was clean. Service All in all, for my short 1 night stay, contact with the different associates was positive and friendly. Overall All in all, quite a solid hotel with a reasonable location for both the tourist and business guests. Friendly staff and the hotel grounds and facilities were modern and contemporary.