FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:54 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jpdx
Just an update regarding breakfast: Just completed a stay, and you can now choose restaurant breakfast as a welcome amenity if you give up the 1000 points. I've been offered this option at several Sheratons that have lounges in the past couple months, and believe this is the new general Marriott policy. I find the lounge breakfast quite decent here (I'm not a big breakfast eater), but if you have an extended stay, it's an excellent "instant redemption" option to give up 1000 points for hundreds of dollars worth of breakfast.
Despite all the negative reports here, I still believe this hotel is an excellent option in Tokyo. I was upgraded to a 36sqm Comfort Miyabi Deluxe room with a beautiful view of the fall colors in the hotel garden. Seeing that upgrades to these modern rooms, as well as Executive rooms on the 11th/12th floor now seem to be more common, the hotel is worthy of consideration, especially given the rates that are attainable here (I had a BRG rate of 12k yen).
Thank you for the update - where did your find your BRG deal? I've been avoiding this property due to the high price vs the Shinagawa Marriott, the poor breakfast option, and the lack of upgrades - maybe I will give them another shot.