Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 28, 18, 2:57 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
Breakfast in the lounge. Platinum arrival gift option: breakfast in choice of 2 restaurants or 1,000 pts.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Aug 10, 18, 12:40 pm
  #496  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM GS
Posts: 88
It's been about two years since i've been here. Staying here on pts for 3 nights in September as a Plat. Is there still breakfast for free in the club lounge? I'm seeing on recent posts that if I can score an upgrade to a refurb room I may be able to get breakfast in one of the other restaurants in the lobby? There used to be a 'card' that outlined all the platinum benefits here at this hotel- looks like it has been taken down since it was out of date.
LesPaul30 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 18, 2:11 pm
  #497  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: FLL/LAX/YYZ/TPE
Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Posts: 32,764
Originally Posted by LesPaul30 View Post
It's been about two years since i've been here. Staying here on pts for 3 nights in September as a Plat. Is there still breakfast for free in the club lounge? I'm seeing on recent posts that if I can score an upgrade to a refurb room I may be able to get breakfast in one of the other restaurants in the lobby? There used to be a 'card' that outlined all the platinum benefits here at this hotel- looks like it has been taken down since it was out of date.
My understanding is breakfast is restricted to the lounge only. The days of that really nice breakfast buffet in the restaurant (where I first discovered the miracle of sous vide chicken breast) are long gone.
bocastephen is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 18, 5:44 am
  #498  
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels & Radisson Hotel Group
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,316
Just an update regarding breakfast: Just completed a stay, and you can now choose restaurant breakfast as a welcome amenity if you give up the 1000 points. I've been offered this option at several Sheratons that have lounges in the past couple months, and believe this is the new general Marriott policy. I find the lounge breakfast quite decent here (I'm not a big breakfast eater), but if you have an extended stay, it's an excellent "instant redemption" option to give up 1000 points for hundreds of dollars worth of breakfast.
Despite all the negative reports here, I still believe this hotel is an excellent option in Tokyo. I was upgraded to a 36sqm Comfort Miyabi Deluxe room with a beautiful view of the fall colors in the hotel garden. Seeing that upgrades to these modern rooms, as well as Executive rooms on the 11th/12th floor now seem to be more common, the hotel is worthy of consideration, especially given the rates that are attainable here (I had a BRG rate of 12k yen).
jpdx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 18, 1:54 pm
  #499  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: FLL/LAX/YYZ/TPE
Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Posts: 32,764
Originally Posted by jpdx View Post
Just an update regarding breakfast: Just completed a stay, and you can now choose restaurant breakfast as a welcome amenity if you give up the 1000 points. I've been offered this option at several Sheratons that have lounges in the past couple months, and believe this is the new general Marriott policy. I find the lounge breakfast quite decent here (I'm not a big breakfast eater), but if you have an extended stay, it's an excellent "instant redemption" option to give up 1000 points for hundreds of dollars worth of breakfast.
Despite all the negative reports here, I still believe this hotel is an excellent option in Tokyo. I was upgraded to a 36sqm Comfort Miyabi Deluxe room with a beautiful view of the fall colors in the hotel garden. Seeing that upgrades to these modern rooms, as well as Executive rooms on the 11th/12th floor now seem to be more common, the hotel is worthy of consideration, especially given the rates that are attainable here (I had a BRG rate of 12k yen).
Thank you for the update - where did your find your BRG deal? I've been avoiding this property due to the high price vs the Shinagawa Marriott, the poor breakfast option, and the lack of upgrades - maybe I will give them another shot.
bocastephen is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 18, 1:50 am
  #500  
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels & Radisson Hotel Group
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,316
Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
Thank you for the update - where did your find your BRG deal?
This was actually super easy -- Kayak.de to Expedia -- the trick (for Japan in general) is to book way out, when the hotels have loaded nothing but ridiculously high rates. My actual stay dates had rates of ~25k yen on SPG.com, and while you'd likely still be able to find a lower competing rate, you'd probably end up in the 20k range after discount. My most successful BRGs are booked 8-10 months out.
jpdx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 18, 2:08 am
  #501  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: SF Bay
Programs: SPG Platinum
Posts: 718
Originally Posted by jpdx View Post
This was actually super easy -- Kayak.de to Expedia -- the trick (for Japan in general) is to book way out, when the hotels have loaded nothing but ridiculously high rates. My actual stay dates had rates of ~25k yen on SPG.com, and while you'd likely still be able to find a lower competing rate, you'd probably end up in the 20k range after discount. My most successful BRGs are booked 8-10 months out.
Not to go off topic but this is normally my strategy for Japan too but oddly enough the migration to the Marriott booking platform has messed it up in some cases. Weird low rates showing up at Prince Gallery super far out when they normally would have some ridiculous high rate, and a room normally not bookable with cash now has a cash rate. Same for the Sheraton, low rates even way out at the end of November.
nexusCFX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 18, 12:07 pm
  #502  
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Delta platinum/SPG platinum
Posts: 2,631
If you give up the 1000 points you can choose breakfast in 3 restaurants ?
howtofreetravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 18, 1:25 am
  #503  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: Accor Platinum, SPG Platinum
Posts: 630
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel View Post
If you give up the 1000 points you can choose breakfast in 3 restaurants ?
Yes. Was there few days ago. But itís 2 restaurants - buffet in the Chinese one (Western / Asian choices) or set menus in California kitchen (Western, Pancakes or Japanese set). You cannot use it for the Japanese restaurant breakfast (only Japanese set in California).

I am there again just for 1 night soon so may keep the points and go for the lounge breakfast. Any reports on that?
yorkboy24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 18, 12:31 pm
  #504  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: FLL/LAX/YYZ/TPE
Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Posts: 32,764
Originally Posted by yorkboy24 View Post


Yes. Was there few days ago. But itís 2 restaurants - buffet in the Chinese one (Western / Asian choices) or set menus in California kitchen (Western, Pancakes or Japanese set). You cannot use it for the Japanese restaurant breakfast (only Japanese set in California).

I am there again just for 1 night soon so may keep the points and go for the lounge breakfast. Any reports on that?
How does the Japanese restaurant breakfast differ from the others?
bocastephen is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 19, 5:00 pm
  #505  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: Accor Platinum, SPG Platinum
Posts: 630
The Japanese restaurant had 2 different breakfast sets with sashimi etc priced at around 3600 yen I think and the other was even more. I thought I could go there for breakfast in lieu of points but realised that the simple Japanese set (salmon) was at California and the buffet at the Chinese restaurant. The breakfast in the lounge was basic (not even eggs to order just as part of the small buffet) but adequate if you just want cereal, bread, sausages, fruit etc.
bocastephen likes this.
yorkboy24 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread