Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Hotel email: [email protected]

Breakfast in the lounge. Platinum arrival gift option: breakfast in a choice of 2 restaurants(The Chinese Restaurant "四川" or Cafe California ) or 1,000 pts.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
It's been about two years since i've been here. Staying here on pts for 3 nights in September as a Plat. Is there still breakfast for free in the club lounge? I'm seeing on recent posts that if I can score an upgrade to a refurb room I may be able to get breakfast in one of the other restaurants in the lobby? There used to be a 'card' that outlined all the platinum benefits here at this hotel- looks like it has been taken down since it was out of date.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LesPaul30
It's been about two years since i've been here. Staying here on pts for 3 nights in September as a Plat. Is there still breakfast for free in the club lounge? I'm seeing on recent posts that if I can score an upgrade to a refurb room I may be able to get breakfast in one of the other restaurants in the lobby? There used to be a 'card' that outlined all the platinum benefits here at this hotel- looks like it has been taken down since it was out of date.
My understanding is breakfast is restricted to the lounge only. The days of that really nice breakfast buffet in the restaurant (where I first discovered the miracle of sous vide chicken breast) are long gone.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:44 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Just an update regarding breakfast: Just completed a stay, and you can now choose restaurant breakfast as a welcome amenity if you give up the 1000 points. I've been offered this option at several Sheratons that have lounges in the past couple months, and believe this is the new general Marriott policy. I find the lounge breakfast quite decent here (I'm not a big breakfast eater), but if you have an extended stay, it's an excellent "instant redemption" option to give up 1000 points for hundreds of dollars worth of breakfast.
Despite all the negative reports here, I still believe this hotel is an excellent option in Tokyo. I was upgraded to a 36sqm Comfort Miyabi Deluxe room with a beautiful view of the fall colors in the hotel garden. Seeing that upgrades to these modern rooms, as well as Executive rooms on the 11th/12th floor now seem to be more common, the hotel is worthy of consideration, especially given the rates that are attainable here (I had a BRG rate of 12k yen).
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jpdx
Just an update regarding breakfast: Just completed a stay, and you can now choose restaurant breakfast as a welcome amenity if you give up the 1000 points. I've been offered this option at several Sheratons that have lounges in the past couple months, and believe this is the new general Marriott policy. I find the lounge breakfast quite decent here (I'm not a big breakfast eater), but if you have an extended stay, it's an excellent "instant redemption" option to give up 1000 points for hundreds of dollars worth of breakfast.
Despite all the negative reports here, I still believe this hotel is an excellent option in Tokyo. I was upgraded to a 36sqm Comfort Miyabi Deluxe room with a beautiful view of the fall colors in the hotel garden. Seeing that upgrades to these modern rooms, as well as Executive rooms on the 11th/12th floor now seem to be more common, the hotel is worthy of consideration, especially given the rates that are attainable here (I had a BRG rate of 12k yen).
Thank you for the update - where did your find your BRG deal? I've been avoiding this property due to the high price vs the Shinagawa Marriott, the poor breakfast option, and the lack of upgrades - maybe I will give them another shot.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:50 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Thank you for the update - where did your find your BRG deal?
This was actually super easy -- Kayak.de to Expedia -- the trick (for Japan in general) is to book way out, when the hotels have loaded nothing but ridiculously high rates. My actual stay dates had rates of ~25k yen on SPG.com, and while you'd likely still be able to find a lower competing rate, you'd probably end up in the 20k range after discount. My most successful BRGs are booked 8-10 months out.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jpdx
This was actually super easy -- Kayak.de to Expedia -- the trick (for Japan in general) is to book way out, when the hotels have loaded nothing but ridiculously high rates. My actual stay dates had rates of ~25k yen on SPG.com, and while you'd likely still be able to find a lower competing rate, you'd probably end up in the 20k range after discount. My most successful BRGs are booked 8-10 months out.
Not to go off topic but this is normally my strategy for Japan too but oddly enough the migration to the Marriott booking platform has messed it up in some cases. Weird low rates showing up at Prince Gallery super far out when they normally would have some ridiculous high rate, and a room normally not bookable with cash now has a cash rate. Same for the Sheraton, low rates even way out at the end of November.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:07 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
If you give up the 1000 points you can choose breakfast in 3 restaurants ?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
If you give up the 1000 points you can choose breakfast in 3 restaurants ?
Yes. Was there few days ago. But it’s 2 restaurants - buffet in the Chinese one (Western / Asian choices) or set menus in California kitchen (Western, Pancakes or Japanese set). You cannot use it for the Japanese restaurant breakfast (only Japanese set in California).

I am there again just for 1 night soon so may keep the points and go for the lounge breakfast. Any reports on that?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by yorkboy24

Yes. Was there few days ago. But it’s 2 restaurants - buffet in the Chinese one (Western / Asian choices) or set menus in California kitchen (Western, Pancakes or Japanese set). You cannot use it for the Japanese restaurant breakfast (only Japanese set in California).

I am there again just for 1 night soon so may keep the points and go for the lounge breakfast. Any reports on that?
How does the Japanese restaurant breakfast differ from the others?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
The Japanese restaurant had 2 different breakfast sets with sashimi etc priced at around 3600 yen I think and the other was even more. I thought I could go there for breakfast in lieu of points but realised that the simple Japanese set (salmon) was at California and the buffet at the Chinese restaurant. The breakfast in the lounge was basic (not even eggs to order just as part of the small buffet) but adequate if you just want cereal, bread, sausages, fruit etc.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Hotel operates a free shuttle bus to/from Meguro station. It runs all day starting at around 10:30am, 4 times an hour, and last one leaves Meguro to go back to the hotel at 22:00 (10pm). From what I could see there is no sign at all saying "hotel shuttle bus" or "sheraton hotel" or "miyako hotel" anywhere near where the shuttle bus stops at Meguro station. In any case, it's right behind where the taxi's line up. When exiting the station go towards the central gates and use the EAST exit.

Hotel also runs a shuttle bus only for 3 hours in the morning to shinagawa station from about 7:30am to 10:00am. It only takes you there. It does NOT pick anyone up at Shinagawa.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Apr 30, 2019 at 12:13 am
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:07 am

Closest metro/subway station to this hotel that I used was "Shirokanedai". Take exit 2 and turn left once you reach street level. Easy 3 to 4 minute walk slightly downhill.

Hotel will be on the right side of the road. You can't miss it.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:14 am

Hotel windows at this hotel can NOT be opened for fresh air at all.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:49 am

Was searching for Tokyo Bonvoy hotels on the Bonvoy app for Christmas and the New Years - mistakenly thought this hotel has been rebranded off Bonvoy as I didn’t see any mention of this hotel on any of my dates. Turned out this hotel is either fully booked or blocked out from Dec 23 to Jan 3 - bizarre!
Old May 6, 2019, 7:07 am

Stayed here again on a 2nd floor (club lounge level) type room. Better amenities and nicer (more modern) looking room. Bathroom still didn't look great though. Cheap lightweight door, and bathtub with plastic shower curtain only. No walk-in shower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.