FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Business or British Airways First: Seattle to Cairo?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:26 pm
Betteronacamel

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by david55
In the early stages of planning a trip from SEA-CAI using miles. We will have enough to fly Emirates Business ( through Dubai) or British Air First (through LHR.) I am having trouble finding any comparisons and wonder if there is a " no-brainer" answer on this? The Emirates flight adds about 3.5 hours flying time, most of that SEA-Dubai.

Thoughts?
I think I would need to know what the relative 'monetary costs' are between the 2 offers (ie value of the 'miles' required plus actual costs of taxes and YQ etc) in order to take a definitive position.

It also depends on the equipment that EK uses on the SEA-DXB route. Business on their A380 is very good but less so on 777 frames. I have flown both and there is actually a big difference between the 2 types. BA F is fine and due some soft product upgrades in the near future.

In a straight shoot out, I would definitely stick with BA as their First is better than EK's J and in LHR you will have a T5-T5 transfer (assuming CAI flights are still at T5) and you'll have the benefit of the Concorde Room (even though there is no F on CAI AFAIK). From what you say, there is also a 3.5 hour time saving which might swing it for some people.