FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AM: LAX/SFO/JFK/ORD/MIA/DFW/IAH to UIO from $840 and earn up-to 3227 MQDs!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:28 am
jfkeze

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by tearex
Is there a way to check the fare basis code on the AM site, prior to payment? I can see the fare rules (that show that Confort is a business class seat), but can't actually seem to find the fare basis.
I had never seen any issues with these fares. I know that several FTers have used these fares (I class) and credit to Delta at the rates mentioned.
Delta Twitter team indicated in one message that it's an I fare and should credit as such and then in another message that it might be a Y UP and credit as the underlying.

But again, fare says Business Class, Booking I, on Aeromexico website... It it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... It should be a Duck... I fare that credits as I fare per Delta tables.

Looking on their website I can't seem to see reference to Y Up fares on partner fares, it only says that they credit as Purchased Fare Class, which would indicate a I class...