FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:29 am
UKunlimited

NC7 DP

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
I don't think anyone has a NC7 cert yet. Great unicorn is missing
I am married to a unicorn and I have a NC7 cert. To be clear, both those statements are true - the code I can see on my confirmation for a 7-night NC7 Partial Package is QL87 ('cost' 315,000). Apologies, while I have been reading most of the posts I get a bit lost on the "refund value" (can I cancel the cert and get back 315,000 points?) hence I have put 'cost', which is the number of points indicated on the partial package confirmation (i.e. this was originally a TP I purchased pre-August 18th).

My experience has been very similar to other posts in that it is luck of the draw. The cert took me the best part of 2-3 hours on the telephone to secure with a number of HUCAs and low expectations from the start. As far as I can tell if you want to get a NC7 cert conversion and/or upgrade you need pretty much all of the following: 1) patience; and 2) an agent who has at least a basic understanding about TPs (and then the willingness to be shown/explained the bits they don't know, which may involve some of 1)); and eventually 3) a knowledgeable and understanding and willing supervisor; and even then, 4) luck.

I wish you all the best (of luck) and thank you for all the tips/DPs, which no doubt helped get my result.