FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TFL Rail fare between LHR Terminal 3 and Ealing Broadway
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:40 pm
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rcspeirs
Trains. Yes : exactly the same trains / platforms as Connect. Just with different brand name stickers on the side. There are also GWR brand trains at Ealing Broadway into Paddington and you can use those too.
Travelcard. There is no concept of ticket validation on the UK rail system. So long as your ticket (including a travelcard loaded on oyster) covers the date you're using it, it's valid.
Lifts. There is a plan to install lifts at Ealing Broadway, but (like other aspects of the Crossrail project) this is delayed. They're not likely to be working before summer 2019.
If the lifts are not working until summer, then the Heathrow Connect is out for me. I'll take the Piccadilly to Acton Town and then take a taxi. Thank you for that information.

I will check back in March to see if somehow, work has sped up and the lift is in operation.

Originally Posted by octr202
We had a really nice stay at the Doubletree, though they had lift failures the whole week we were there - hopefully that's resolved by the time you get there, though staff were more than helpful with assisting guests while they were out of service.
Both lifts were out of service? Sorry to hear that.