FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reservations Changed With Booking Platform Switch
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:55 pm
MrM2016

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by tonywush
Alright, after 1 hour and 19 min call.. I got it fixed: At the end, the agent simply cancelled my previous 2 reservations (Stay for 2 nights, 1 night per reservation, since the Chase RC cert can be only applied to 1 legacy SPG reservation at a time), then she made a new reservation, re-issued RC cert and attach it to the new one.

During the call, the agent put me on multiple holds, then asked me different questions. I don't think she really understands how RC cert works until 1 hour later on the phone. On the other hand, this agent has positive attitude and is willing to help customers. I think you need to be luck enough to get such person as Marriott front line agents are mostly disconnected from their IT team.

FWIW, I called SPG Platinum line (888-625-4991), not sure the backend difference but this is my first call but it works. Even though it was long. Since the Aug 18 chaos, I just found that number will get you more success than other numbers.
Well done and congrats. You did better than I managed with both agents.

I'm going to keep down the route advised by @spgassist with the property resolving, simply because this was the solution with the same issue I had with the W Maldives and I believe this is a property specific migration issue. For some reason the highest value properties are most prone to this (now witnessed on W Maldives, St Regis Bali and Al Maha).

I have 2.5 weeks until my stay at Al Maha, so I get to bite my nails in the meantime...