FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reservations Changed With Booking Platform Switch
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:47 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Reservations Changed With Booking Platform Switch

So I see that per schedule, LC and SR properties have now switched to the Marriott booking platform.

I see as well that for two upcoming stays at LC and SR properties, both of which were confirmed non-smoking, the reservations (which have new reservation numbers) now say that a non-smoking room is "unavailable." Has this happened previously when brands have changed booking platforms? Do I need to contact the properties to confirm that I DO NOT want a smoking room? (Fortunately, I have email addresses for both already.)

As a side note, I'll add that availability changed pretty dramatically overnight with the platform change. In one instance (SR Bangkok) Deluxe rooms suddenly became available - including for redemption - over New Year's for the first time in at least a month. Pretty strong evidence the property was improperly blocking award redemptions.