FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe Seats
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:10 pm
krispy84

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by BA6948

just done a BNE-SYD flight in J with QF. It was QF551 at 17:35 (1h35 flight duration) which had a refreshment service. Was not expecting much after checking the QF forum but was amazed by the service. Had a hot meal with a desert: steak with spinash and baked potatoes, lemon tart and the best bread I have ever eaten on a plane. The guy manning J class was perfect. I was in row 1 and he introduced himself to me and called me by my surname (I am BA Gold). He did that only to another passenger who must have been another FF. I never get that on BA whether in Y or J. The seats were wide with great legroom, foot rests and adjustable recline and back rest. Drinks kept on being offered throughout the flight.

Now I do understand the markets are different but BA could introduce a different seat for J class in Europe up to row 3 and then have then create a new Premium Economy class that is exactly the same as today’s business (meal and blocked middle seat). That way they have maximum flexibility and it woulf allow them to satisfy those customers that want a real business class configuration.
Your experience sounds great. What is the normal business class fare between BNE and SYD? (Genuine question)

As much as some FTers might wish, I think it’s pretty clear that there isn’t a viable market for a ‘proper J’ cabin within Europe. Unless the vast majority of European airline professionals are completely wrong.

Last edited by krispy84; Dec 8, 2018 at 6:56 pm