FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access no longer available for platinums at RESORTS starting in August
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:57 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Nevsky
Issue is my understanding is that the hotel says they are required NOT to give the benefit. Fine if they want to remove it, but to say they are required not to give a benefit and to blame Marriott just does not seem correct.
It wouldn't be the first time.And about lounges, there is some history of either Marriott or Hilton -- or maybe even both -- having told some hotels to down-gauge the lounge or some other offerings to make things more consistent with the down-market offerings at most other hotels of the same brand in the same region or in some other classification group.

Ultimately, what you get from a hotel is what the hotel decides to give -- that is unless and until you can get Marriott to make the affiliated hotel property to pay for it in one way or another despite the property's immediate wish to do its own thing when convenient to the property.

I've seen sort of the same kind of thing happen with regard to late check-out at hotels using the resort/convention center exception even when the various corporate contact center personnel claimed the exception wasn't applicable, but I've never heard of hotel brand owner telling affiliated hotels to disallow complimentary late check-out for reasons of "consistency" or "setting/managing customer expectations".

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 8, 2018 at 10:05 am