FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hokkai-Do, the Do formerly known as Japan-Do #7, 19-21 April 2019
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:52 am
harvardkim

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott LtP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Put me down as a maybe. I just got back from Hokkaido and had such a great time I may want to go back in April.

NewbieRunner was right... the clock tower is back in action. Apparently there's a museum type exhibit inside that shares about the western influence on the growth of Sapporo/Hokkaido.

Sapporo Clock Tower

Famous Sapporo Ramen with Shoyu + Shrimp base from Ebisoba Ichigen Main Shop (Definitely have to try the Shoyu + Shrimp base). Expect a wait here and at Kani Honke (famous Crab place with three different types of crab).

Sapporo Classic Beer (only served in Hokkaido)

JR Tower that is attached to the Sapporo Station
I recommend this hotel if you're not doing points. They have an onsen on the 22nd floor where they pipe in the hot spring from the ground and you can get a Shiatsu massage afterward. The views from the T38 observatory give you a spectacular 360 degree views of Sapporo. This may be the tallest building in Sapporo. I'll spare you the pics so you can enjoy it for the first time when you go there. Also there are tunnels that the general population uses in the center of Sapporo to get around. It's a really cool city. Try the Hokkaido milk and soft serve.