FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Strategy Flying to China in Business with a Stop in HK (and Earn AS EQM)
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:22 am
Domo5

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Legend717
Frankly, if it were me, and since you're Seattle based, I'd take advantage of that new SEA nonstop on Cathay.
Business classes J, C, D, and I earn 225% RDM, and that's if you're not an elite with AS.
Premium economy classes W, E, and R earn 110% RDM.

Either that, or the JAL route through Narita, which (if you're unfamiliar) is a FANTASTICALLY EASY airport to make international connections through. In my opinion, the easiest in the world.

Is it to early to buy? Who knows. Maybe. Maybe not. But it's certainly not to early to PLAN!
Thanks for replying @Legend717 ! Thanks for pointing out the RDM earning opportunity on Cathaty. I'm MVPG for 2019. That's another 100%. However I'm looking at >$4000 for that nonstop in April. Probably going to look around and wait a bit before making the commitment...

As for NRT, I do agree the connection experience was good. But unless it's at a lower rate I'd prefer nonstop. Right now it's about the same price as Cathay.