FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:38 am
s1362083

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Happy
Also on the confirmation email of an award booking, you should see the then current total balance. So you can go back to those emails and try to reconstruct your total and see if you are really indeed short 105K. As the other poster also sees the confusing entries but he said his total was correct. Mine is the same situation. Activities are all illogical, but the total stays correct. I know the total is correct because I have been keeping screen shots so I know exactly where it was before and is now, after each change.

Try to reconstruct the history of your total balance - this way it would ascertain one way or the other, whether you are short 105K. I would do this first before continue to call Marriott on this, just to save some time and energy - trying to sort things out with the reps is not a walk on the cake as we all know.
The date change/rebooking confirmation email shows '+105,000' and my total balance dropping to its current level. I have a pretty low points balance at the moment so a missing 105,000 is quite noticeable so I'm quite sure I'm not just forgetting the balance going up post-cancellation. The cancellation email does not show any points information at all. Under the rate information part, it just has the dates, and the word 'Redemption'.

It never crossed my mind that I would need to take screenshots or maintain my own spreadsheet!