FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 767 versus 330 in business class?
View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:05 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question 767 versus 330 in business class?

My wife and I will be flying LHR-SFO in business class on DL next year. A few questions:

1. Right now in terms of award availability for the day we need to fly, we're seeing going via MSP on a 767-300 versus going via ATL on a 330-300. My impression in looking at seat maps and youtube is that for a couple the 767 is a bit better, and if we decide not to sit together (for the sake of better seats and better snoozing) the individual seats right by the window in the 767 are also better. Do I have that right?

2. As a secondary consideration, the MSP connection is four hours and ATL just under two. Is MSP a better/easier airport to connect through? Any difference in the lounges in the two airports? (Despite the longer connection time, we'd still consider MSP because that flight gets us in to SFO a bit earlier in the evening.)

3. Finally, is there any extra fee to pay for advance seat assignments on DL, as there is on a few other airlines such as BA?

Thanks for any advice on any of this.