FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Timing on WOH Visa $5K spend 2 qualifying nights
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:21 pm
jameswes

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by josephstern
Count me out of the "everyone" here.

I expect they'll do this the right way. Your sample situation shows how ridiculous using statement closing dates would be.

And, yes, my statement closes today, and I'm expecting to get two more nights via the card later in December based on planned spend. So I have a dog in the race.
What's your backup plan?

As "ridiculous" as using statement close dates is, that's pretty much how most of these benefits work. Hyatt doesn't know when you hit $5K in spending on your Chase card. Chase knows, but so far does not give night credits mid-statement, only after the statement closes. At which point they then calculate for each $5K of spending they pass along the 2 night credits to Hyatt and then Hyatt posts them to your account.

Chase (and other issuers) seem to have different paths for handling initial spend bonuses (and special offers) vs ongoing spend bonuses/benefits.

Hypothetical question:
- Statement closed yesterday
- You put $10K in spend on your card today
- When would you "expect" the 10,000 Hyatt points to post to your account? Assuming you expect it at statement close, why would you expect that the points post next month, but the night credits from that spend post before then?