FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Carry on Baggage allowance
View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:37 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
Well, I do hope they take after US carriers here, boarding strictly by group numbers and refusing carry-ons after the bins fill up, thus minimizing the effect to status pax.

I wouldn't be a very happy Platinum passenger if they take my within-the-limits bag from me and let some Group 9 pax take their kitchen sink with them.
I am not sure it will work as you are hoping. There is a huge number of passengers in group 1 and if you don't police them, they will fill the bins all by themselves. The most important thing to do is to police size and number of bags. This should be done before boarding the plane - it has nothing to do with load factor of bins. Irregular baggage should be gate checked before there is a chance dumping it onboard.

I wouldn't be a very happy J passenger, if they take my within-the-limits bags from me because I was enjoying the lounge while the group ones dumped all their bags above 1A before proceeding to their exit row seat where bag space always is limited.

Today, that is a potential threat already today on many flights, and with a "first come, first serve" attitude, it is very likely going to be reality.