FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two cheaper than one?
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:46 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ehe123
I was looking for fares to CDG in Delta One in April, and saw ~ $2,550 on some searches but ~ $2,750 on other searches. I then realized that if I searched for one passenger it was always $2,750, but for two passengers it was $2,550 per person. I have never seen this before. I did book for two on the same PNR, while originally my plan was to use two different credit cards and two PNRs.
This is very cheap for a D1 ticket, but it would help to know the origin and whether it's a RT or not.

In fact, is there any chance that what you're really seeing would be fares for the new Premium Select (premium economy, much better than C+) given that DL has been changing their fare classes? I'd be very careful about buying any third party tickets due to this as OLTAs are frequently confused about booking classes. April travel should be under the new fare class scheme and wouldn't be an obvious time for very low business class demand so that good prices would be offered (as they often are around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday periods) unless you're looking at some particularly "lucky" dates (I wouldn't think the long Easter weekend would make much difference).