FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in or near Mexico City
Old Jul 27, 2004, 11:02 am
loquillo

My Sheraton experiences in Mexico City

I have stayed twice at the Sheraton Maria Isabel, the second time as a Platinum. Either time I found the hotel to be very nice, but the rooms are in dire need of renovation (I was told they were considering it along with the implementation of the Sweet Sleeper beds). In any case, the room was very disappointing. The location is good, in the center of the city with walking access to the Zona Rosa.

I have stayed many times at the Sheraton Suites Santa Fe because of business reasons. It is located in a new area, recently developed, mostly for businesses. It is away from the center of the city and, with the exception of a mall which is about a $5 cab ride away, the area is dead at. night. If you go there for vacation, there is no reason whatsoever to stay at this hotel. In addition, the room price is exorbitant given the quality of the room [they charge more because of the businesspeople thaausect have to use this hotel because they do not want to drive to this area]. In addition, their mattresses are as hard as the floor [really, I have never been at a hotel with worse mattresses, Motel6 and youth hostals included].

The W hotel is new, more expensive, but I am sure would be a very pleasant experience. It is in the Polanco neighborhood, which offers many eating alternatives, and is close to the center of town.

I have wanted to stay at the Sheraton Centro Historico, but never did it because it is far from Santa Fe. I have seen the hotel lobby, and looked beautiful to me. I cannot comment on the rooms. The location is excellent to see the old part of town.

For a vacation, my recommendation would be that you stay at the Centro Historico.